본문 바로가기
Introduction to Dalseong-gun

Dasa-eup

share
  1. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  2. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  3. History of changes in and names of administrative units
  4. Dasa-eup
Hwawon-eup,Okpo-eup,Nongong-eup,Yuga-eup,Hyeonpung-eup,Guji-myeon,Gachang-myeon,Dasa-eup,Habin-myeon Hwawon-eup Nongong-eup Dasa-eup Habin-myeon Okpo-eup Hyeonpung-eup Yuga-eup Guji-myeon Gachang-myeon

Dasa-eup

Dasa-eup was a hyeon of Suchang-gun, Yangju (present-day Yangsan, Gyeongnam), in 757 (16th year of the reign of Unified Silla’s King Gyeongdeok). At that time, it was called Dasaji-hyeon or Dapji. Dasa-myeon was split into Hadong-myeon and Hanam-myeon, and these two myeon were placed under the jurisdiction of Daeju (present-day Seongju) in 992 (11th year of the reign of Goryeo’s King Seongjong), Gyeongsan-bu in 1018 (ninth year of the reign of Goryeo’s King Hyeonjong), and Daegu-hyeon in 1143 (21st year of the reign of Goryeo’s King Injong). At the time of Daegu-hyeon’s elevation to gun status in 1470 (first year of the reign of Joseon’s King Seongjong), Suseong, Haean, and Habin were placed under the jurisdiction of Dasa. Since 1414 (14th year of the reign of Joseon’s King Taejong), Hadong-myeon, Haseo-myeon, and Hanam-myeon, which belonged to Habin-hyeon, part of Daegu, had maintained their status as those belonging to Dasa-eup until 1906 (10th year of the reign of Emperor Gwangmu of the Korean Empire).

With the adoption of the “bu” system in 1913, Daegu-gun was elevated to bu status. Dasa-eup, which was under the direct control of Daegu-bu, came under the jurisdiction of Dalseong-gun, which was newly established with the reshuffle of administrative units in March 1914. Dasa-eup is located in the northern part of Dalseong-gun, and its total area and population are 36.65km2 and 76,712 people, respectively (as of April 2017). The Eup Office is located in Maegok-ri. The eastern and northwestern parts of Dasa-eup are mountainous areas, with Geumhogang River flowing through them, forming a wide alluvial plain. Waryongsan Mountain and Gungsan Mountain (253m) are monadnocks located in the western part of Daegu. In the center of Waryongsan Mountain is a spiral basin that formed through the differential erosion of different types of granite. The water intake of Gangjeong Dam, located on the left bank of Nakdonggang River about one kilometer upstream of the confluence of Nakdonggang River and Geumhogang River near Jukgok-ri, accounts for 63% of Daegu’s water supply. Dasa-eup is linked to Seongju and Daegu via the Byeonsan-Daegu National Highway. In the eastern part of Dasa-eup, there are local roads that link Jukgok with Maegok and link Dasa with Pyeongri. Local historic sites include the Yonghoseowon and Pyeonggangseowon Confucian Academies. Dasa-eup has 11 ris: Icheon-ri, Dalcheon-ri, Bakgok-ri, Bangcheon-ri, Seojae-ri, Secheon-ri, Jukgok-ri, Maegok-ri, Bugok-ri, Munyang-ri, and Munsan-ri.
  • Address : 7, Maegok-ro, Dasa-eup, Dalseong-gun, Daegu
  • Dasa-eup’s administrative zones : Icheon-ri, Dalcheon-ri, Bakgok-ri, Bangcheon-ri, Seojae-ri (1-13), Secheon-ri (1-7), Jukgok-ri (1-13), Maegok-ri (1-19), Bugok-ri, Munyang-ri (1-2), and Munsan-ri