본문 바로가기
Introduction to Dalseong-gun

Habin-myeon

share
  1. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  2. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  3. History of changes in and names of administrative units
  4. Habin-myeon
Hwawon-eup,Okpo-eup,Nongong-eup,Yuga-eup,Hyeonpung-eup,Guji-myeon,Gachang-myeon,Dasa-eup,Habin-myeon Hwawon-eup Nongong-eup Dasa-eup Habin-myeon Okpo-eup Hyeonpung-eup Yuga-eup Guji-myeon Gachang-myeon

Habin-myeon

Called Dasaji-hyeon in the early Silla Period, present-day Habin-myeon was renamed Habin-hyeon at the end of the Silla Period. Near the end of the Joseon Period, the area was split into two: Haseo-myeon and Habuk-myeon. By 1914, the two were merged once again and renamed Habin-myeon. Habin-myeon is located in the northernmost part of Dalseong-gun. Its total area and population are 36.72km2 and 4,280 people, respectively (as of April 2017). The Myeon Office is located in Hyeonnae-ri. Except for the Yeonan Plains and Habincheon Stream, which runs through the middle of Habin-myeon, most of the area is mountainous. A wide alluvial plain lies along the bend of Nakdonggang River.

Byeonsan-Daegu National Highway, Jeokjung-Haepyeong local road, and Habin-Sinri local road link Habin-myeon with Daegu, Seongju, and Waegwan. There are many scenic spots along Nakdonggang River, and there are many historic sites Hamokjeong Pavilion, Taegojeong Hall, and Nakbinseowon Confucian Academy in Habin-myeon associated with Six Martyred Ministers. Myo-ri is famous as the place where the descendants of PAK Paengnyeon (one of the Six Martyred Ministers) settled down. There are nine ris in Habin-myeon: Hasan-ri, Myo-ri, Gigok-ri, Daepyeong-ri, Mudeung-ri, Hyeonnae-ri, Gammun-ri, Donggok-ri, and Bongchon-ri.
  • Address : 1, Habin-ro 84-gil, Habin-myeon, Dalseong-gun, Daegu
  • Habin-myeon’s administrative zones : Hasan-ri (1-2), Myo-ri (1-2), Gigok-ri (1-2), Daepyeong-ri (1-2), Mudeung-ri (1-2), Hyeonnae-ri (1-3), Gammun-ri (1-2), Donggok-ri (1-2), and Bongchon-ri (1-2)