본문 바로가기
Introduction to Dalseong-gun

Yuga-eup

share
  1. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  2. Introduction to Dalseong-gun
  3. History of changes in and names of administrative units
  4. Yuga-eup
Hwawon-eup,Okpo-eup,Nongong-eup,Yuga-eup,Hyeonpung-eup,Guji-myeon,Gachang-myeon,Dasa-eup,Habin-myeon Hwawon-eup Nongong-eup Dasa-eup Habin-myeon Okpo-eup Hyeonpung-eup Yuga-eup Guji-myeon Gachang-myeon

Yuga-eup

The original name of this region was Hyeonpung-gun, but it was changed to Yuga-eup, after the nearby Yugasa Temple. With the reshuffle of administrative units in 1914, Yuga-eup came to be under the jurisdiction of Dalseong-gun and incorporated: Ssanggye-ri, Seogae-ri, and Chogok-ri (Dongbu-myeon); Sang-ri, Yong-ri, Jeongchon-ri, Gahyeon-ri, Unwa-ri, Geumdong-ri, Singi-ri, Namjeong-ri, Bukjeong-ri, Yugok-ri, Yepyeong-ri, and Oedong-ri (Uman-myeon); Gatae-ri, Namtong-ri, Gurye-ri, Sabuk-ri, Doeui-ri, Gudol-ri, Bonmal-ri, Gaegok-ri, Pojeong-ri, Taebong-ri, Gaebaek-ri, Hanjeong-ri, Wonsan-ri, and Anhyeon-ri (Maljeok-myeon); and Gacheon-ri (Sadong-myeon). These administrative units were later reshuffled into 14 ris: Yang-ri, Eum-ri, Bong-ri, Ssanggye-ri, Chogok-ri, Sang-ri, Yong-ri, Geum-ri, Yugok-ri, Gatae-ri, Doeui-ri, Gudol-ri, Bonmal-ri, Hanjeong-ri, and Gacheon-ri. Through another reshuffle of administrative units in 1917, Gacheon-ri was handed over to Guji-myeon. Yuga-eup is located in the southernmost part of Dalseong-gun. Its total area and population are 57.70km2 and 24,468 people, respectively (as of April 2017). The Eup Office is located in Bong-ri, and except for part of the western region, most of Yuga-eup is mountainous areas extending from Biseulsan Mountain. Alluvial plains such as Ssanggyedeul Field, Yongbongdeul Field, Eumdeul Field, Geumdeul Field, and Doeuideul Field lie along Hyeonpungcheon Stream and Gyecheon Stream in the west.

Dalchangji Reservoir, located on the border with Changnyeong-gun (Gyeongnam) to the south, supplies water to 1,091ha of farmland in Yuga-myeon, Hyeonpung-myeon, and Guji-myeon (Dalseong-gun) and Seongsan-myeon/Daehap-myeon (Changnyeong-gun). The Yuga-Geumdong local road crosses Guma Expressway in Yuga-eup. The Yugasa and Sojaesa Temples located at the foot of the nearby Biseulsan Mountain are popular tourist destinations. There are many historic sites in Yuga-eup, including Wausanseong Fortress. There are 13 ris in Yuga-eup: Eum-ri, Yang-ri, Yong-ri, Bong-ri, Ssanggye-ri, Chogok-ri, Sang-ri, Geum-ri, Yugok-ri, Doeui-ri, Gatae-ri, Hanjeong-ri, and Bonmal-ri.
  • Address : 95, Techno sangeop-ro, Yuga-eup, Dalseong-gun, Daegu
  • Yuga-eup’s administrative zones :
    • Eum-ri, Yang-ri (1-2), Yong-ri (2-3), Bong-ri (1/3/7/8/12), Ssanggye-ri (1-3), Chogok-ri, Sang-ri, Geum-ri, Yugok-ri (1-2), Doeui-ri (1-3), Gatae-ri (1-2), Hanjeong-ri (1-3), and Bonmal-ri (1-2).